Shrimp Artichoke Salad
- 4 large artichokes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 shallots, finely chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 bunch watercress
- 20 large shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
1. With a knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut around an inch from the top. With kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves. Place it in a steamer basket or directly in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water.
Bring to a boil; cover and steam until leaves near the center pull out easily, 20-25 minutes. Now add the asparagus, cauliflower and broccoli; cover and cook until crisp-tender, around 3-4 minutes. Drain it. Carefully remove and discard the fuzzy centers of the artichokes. Thinly slice artichoke hearts.
2. In a small saucepan, combine wine and 1 shallot. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, wine mixture, mustard, salt, pepper and remaining shallot; set aside.
3. Put the salad greens and watercress on a platter. Top with the cooked vegetables, shrimp, fennel, red pepper and artichoke slices. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds.
Sorry, there were no replies found.