5 Keys To Addressing Personal Stress!
Since, we all, at some time, or another, experience, stress, and/ or, stressful experiences, doesn’t it make sense, for each of us, to do, all we can, to proactively, address stress, sooner, rather than later? The Nobel Prize was awarded, decades ago, to, Dr. Hans Selye, who, differentiated, between, debilitating – stress, and the user type, which he called, eustress. This groundbreaking, research, took a thorough, in-depth, look, into issues, related to this issue, and emphasized, how essential, to our individual, health, and well – being, it is, to expand our personal comfort zone, and learn to, transform, life’s stresses, into important, learning experiences, which make us better, stronger, and more prepared! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 specific keys, to doing so.
1. Take a deep breath!: While, it may seem, overly, simplistic/ obvious, the first reaction, to any perceived stress, etc, is to, calm down, and take a deep breath! Doing so, helps, one, center – himself, and focus on the bigger – picture, rather than, resorting to panic, etc! How can anyone, effectively, handle personal issues, unless/ until, he focuses, on the possibilities, rather than, merely, what might go wrong?
2. Focus on solutions/ best path, forward: It is essential to determine, one’s options, and alternatives, if, he, hopes, to be able, to focus on the finest solutions, and best path, forward! Too often, we think about what might go wrong, and, don’t spend, enough time, seeking viable solutions, and making whatever, personal changes may be beneficial, personally!
3. Proactive/well-considered – avoid procrastination: Face whatever the issue is, proactively, and avoid, either, denying, or procrastinating! Most issues are far – easier to address, sooner, rather than later!
4. Obstacles as challenges, not problems: When faced with any obstacle, one can perceive, either a challenge or a problem! The difference is, when we consider things, challenging, addressing them, seems to be, more of, an adventure, which we can, and will, overcome! On the other hand, perceiving something, as a problem, often, debilitates us, and limits our efforts, and mindset!
5. Check-up from neck-up: One of the most challenging things, for most people, is to be ready, willing, and able, to proactively, take a thorough, objective, introspective look/ examination, of our personal strengths and weaknesses! If, from time – to – time, we took the time, and make the effort, to conduct a thorough, personal, check-up, from the neck – up, and, more effectively, used/ took advantage of every strength, and, proactively, addressing every area of weakness, we would be better – equipped, to address personal stresses!
If, we learned, how, to address, our personal stresses, more effectively, our lives, would benefit! If you hope, to be, as happy, as you can pay attention to these keys!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands of leaders, and conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. His company, PLAN2LEAD, LLC has an informative website http://plan2lead.net and Plan2lead can also be followed on Facebook http://facebook.com/Plan2lead